Investec is offering partial bursaries for the 2014 academic year to students who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate university degree in:
- Commerce (Economics, Business Economics, Accounting, Investments and Finance)
- BCom Informatics
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Information Technology
- BIT-Bachelors of Information Technology
- BIS-Bachelor of Information Science
- Business Science
- Science and Mathematics
- Commercial LLB
These degrees represent fields of relevance to the financial services and other key industries. The main criteria for the selection of applications are financial need and academic potential.
Applications are open to:
- All young SA citizens with academic potential who are in need of financial assistance
- Pupils holding or working towards a matric exemption with a minimum of 60% in English and Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and a 50% pass rate in all other subjects
- Students who wrote matric (Grade 12) prior to 2008 should have a minimum of 60% in Maths (HG) and English (HG)
This opportunity allows successful candidates to access funding:
Investec contributes a partial bursary of R70 000 per year towards study-related expenses. To cover any shortfall, applicants are thus advised to also apply through the Financial Aid Office of their university of choice for a study loan from the National Student Financial Scheme (NSFAS).
Why apply for an Investec bursary?
We have a vested interest in developing well rounded individuals and in ensuring graduates are employable. While a bursary provides financial assistance, our programmes help with the transition from high school to tertiary and with the challenges associated with the job search.
All Investec bursary recipients are mentored by Investec employees. Mentors provide academic guidance and social support to students as they navigate the challenges of their tertiary career.
Investec bursary students have the opportunity of attending a work readiness programme during their third or Honors year of study. This is a week- long boot camp at Investec Sandton to help students gain important skills to become employable graduates.
more information @ http://www.investec.co.za/about-investec/sustainability/people/people-south-africa/education-as-a-focus-area/tertiary-level/bursary.html