Air Traffic and Navigation Services Bursary 2014
Closing Date: 26 July 2013
ATNS is responsible for air traffic control in approximately 10% of the world’s airspace. Our services extend further than the familiar air traffic control service, into the provision of vitally important aeronautical information used for all flight planning purposes as well as search and rescue coordination activities and the maintenance of a reliable navigation infrastructure.
- The supply of aeronautical information services, technical maintenance and aerodrome services;
- Alert, search and rescue co-ordination services;
- Management of the flexible use of airspace through the Central Airspace Unit (CAMU);
- Support for special events and special requirements such as test flights, demonstration flights, etc;
- The implementation and maintenance of a terrestrial-based navigational structure;
- The training of licensed air traffic controllers and technical staff through the Aviation Training Academy (ATA).
The training bursary provides each bursar with an opportunity to conduct their studies at the Aviation Training Academy (ATA) in Bonaero Park.
After the successful completion of the initial course at the ATA, ATNS may offer the bursar a eighteen months fixed term contract to complete the necessary operational on the job training including additional studies at the ATA.
Grade 12 with Pure Mathematics and English
Symbols HG D, SG C or Level 4 and above
18 years or older
Fluent in English with no speech impediments
No experience required but aviation passion and knowledge will be advantageous.
Skills & Knowledge
Excellent communication skills
How to Apply