The Air Traffic and Navigation Services (ATNS Bursary) is offering bursaries to students who want to pursue careers in air traffic management.
ATNS External Corporate Communications, Percy Morokane said successful candidates will be granted once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCO), Assistant Air Traffic Control Officers (AATSO) and Aeronautical Information Management Officers (AIMO).
He said their programme provides each bursar with an opportunity to study at the Aviation Training Academy (ATA) in Bonaero Park, Ekurhuleni.
Requirements for prospective students:
Matric certificate with a pass in the following subjects: Pure Maths (Level 4 / HG – D or SG – C or above) and English (Level 4 / HG – D or SG – C or above)
South African citizen with a valid Identity Document
Candidate must be medically fit
Skills and Competencies
Good Communication skills
Problem solving skills
Teamwork and Multi-tasking skills
Quick decision making skills
Spatial reasoning ability to include visualisation of future situations.
High self-esteem and confidence level
Interested applicants are requested to apply on-line at www.atns.co.za or fax their applications to 011 607 1508/ 1548/ 1531 before the closing date August 31, 2015. –
WHAT WE DO
ATNS Bursary SOC Limited is responsible for air traffic control in approximately 10% of the world’s airspace. Our services extend further than the familiar air traffic control service, into the provision of vitally important aeronautical information used for all flight planning purposes as well as search and rescue coordination activities and the maintenance of a reliable navigation infrastructure.
- The supply of aeronautical information services, technical maintenance and aerodrome services;
- Alert, search and rescue co-ordination services;
- Management of the flexible use of airspace through the Central Airspace Unit (CAMU);
- Support for special events and special requirements such as test flights, demonstration flights, etc;
- The implementation and maintenance of a terrestrial-based navigational structure;
- The training of licensed air traffic controllers and technical staff through the Aviation Training Academy (ATA).
- Safety & customer satisfaction
- Continuous improvement & innovation
- Employee engagement & development
- Fairness & consistency
- Open & effective communication
To be the preferred supplier of Air Traffic Management solutions and associated services to the African Continent and selected international markets.
To provide safe, expeditious and efficient Air Traffic Management solutions and associated services
All applications for the ATNS bursary must be serious.