|As South African Weather Service we offer limited Bursaries for the following:|
|Requirements for high school level learners are the following:|
|The learner should have good matric results in Physical Science and Mathematics (not Maths Literacy).
If more information is required about Bursaries please contact the following individuals:
About South African Weather Service
In delivering on its mandate, SAWS has set itself the following vision:
“A weather and climate centre of excellence providing innovative solutions to ensure a weather ready region, sustainable development and economic growth.”
SAWS will realise the above-mentioned vision through excelling in the following areas:
- Thought leadership in meteorological, climatological and other related sciences;
- The development of relevant and innovative applications and products utilising cutting- edge technology;
- Establishing and leveraging collaborative partnerships.
The mission will be accomplished through a number of objectives and interventions.
Based on the requirements of the mandate, the aspiration in the vision and the mission, SAWS is guided by and committed to the following set of values:
Thought Leadership: A commitment to exemplary leadership that inspires a shared vision, behaviour that is aligned to best business practices and excellence and innovation.
Professionalism: Self-control and behaviour that is aligned to best business practices, and displays a high standard of excellence in the job.
Integrity: A consistent sense of honesty, truthfulness and trust in one’s own actions, while valuing others opinions and beliefs.
Caring: A commitment to create a supportive environment that promotes compassion and understanding, both internally and externally.
Accountability: A commitment to take responsibility for things expected from the position and/or role occupied – Responsible for own actions.
Recognition of Excellence: A willingness to identify, recognise and acknowledge individuals and teams who demonstrate outstanding performance.
Teamwork: A willingness to work together towards achieving a common goal by making use of and / or appreciating individuals’ diverse strengths and abilities. A willingness to identify, recognise and acknowledge individuals and teams who demonstrate outstanding performance.
SAWS QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
The South African Weather Service (SAWS) is a provider of useful and innovative weather, climate, and related products and services. In line with the organisation’s philosophy and ethos, SAWS has implemented a Total Quality Management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008. It seeks to ensure that both its products and services meet stakeholder requirements and are fit for use.
The Management and staff of SAWS are committed to the Vision, Mission and Values of the organisation and actively contribute to and support all initiatives aimed at achieving organisational goals and objectives.
In pursuit of organisational excellence, we commit ourselves to the maintenance and improvement of the SAWS Quality Management System.
This will be achieved through the:
- Setting of Quality Objectives and reviewing them periodically in order to improve operational efficiency, the quality of products and services and maintaining good corporate governance.
- Development of products and services that meet, and where possible, exceed client expectations.
- Adequate planning and the provision of resources needed for operations, implementing and supporting continuous improvement initiatives.
- Communication of this Quality Policy Statement to all employees and stakeholders.
- Reviewing of our Quality Management Policy and our Quality Policy Statement to ensure its ongoing suitability.