Welcome to the information for the Rhodes Bursary in Southern Africa. The page here provides constituency-specific information on Rhodes Bursary to Oxford for applicants from South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland.
The Bursary for these countries are administered from a regional secretariat based in Johannesburg.
Southern African Rhodes Scholars class of 2012
– four Bursaries every year for applicants from South Africa-at-Large,
– one for applicants from KwaZulu-Natal,
– one for applicants from Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Namibia and Swaziland, and
– one each for applicants of or from Diocesan College, Rondebosch; South African College School, Newlands; Paul Roos Gymnasium, Stellenbosch; and St Andrew’s College, Grahamstown (including their identified partner schools).
Several Scholars from Southern Africa have been featured as Scholar of the Week.
Applications are now open for the Rhodes Bursaries for 2014 for Southern Africa. The closing date is 15 August.
Prospective applicants from Southern Africa should carefully review:
1. the general information about the Rhodes Scholarships,
2. the selection criteria that apply in all Rhodes constituencies and then
3. the application criteria specific to Southern Africa.
There are FAQs which are applicable to all applicants.
Mr Justice Edwin Cameron is the General Secretary for the Rhodes Scholarships in Southern Africa.