We award a number of bursaries to law students on an annual basis.
- Applications for 2015 bursaries close on 1 September 2014.
- Applications for 2016 bursaries close on 1 September 2015.
Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr bursaries
We award a number of bursaries to law students.
Applications for bursaries close on 1 September each year (in respect of bursaries for the following/next academic year).
To be considered for a bursary, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- be a citizen or permanent resident of South Africa;
- be enrolled as a full-time student at a South African university for the LLB degree and
- complete the prescribed application form and submit all supporting documentation before the deadline.
Each application for a bursary is considered on its own merit taking into account the financial merit of the application as well as the following factors:
- academic performance and
- proven excellence in any other field.
Tim Mills Memorial Bursary
The Tim Mills Memorial Bursary for post graduate studies has been established in 2013 in memory of Tim Mills, a former director of Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr.
Tim passed away on 24 May 2012. He was an exceptional employment lawyer but it was his incredibly generous spirit and irrepressibly good nature that endeared him most to colleagues, clients and the broader Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr family.
The Tim Mills Memorial Bursary is awarded to candidates intending to register for any LLM degree at a South African university.
The bursary will cover university/tuition fees only up to a maximum total amount of R25 000 per student for the duration of his/her studies.
This bursary may be awarded on an annual basis. The bursary committee reserves the right not to award this bursary in any particular year.
The following conditions apply to this bursary:
The successful candidate will be required to –
- provide updated academic results and progress reports if and when required;
- attend one of the Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr vacation programmes for law students and
- agree to a right of first refusal with regard to articles of clerkship.
For more information about this bursary, please contact us: