Unlock the door to your future
Investec, in partnership with Study Trust, awards young South Africans, with academic potential and in financial need, the opportunity to study towards financial sector related degrees at various local universities.
Investec is offering partial bursaries for the 2015 academic year to students who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate university degree in:
- Commerce (Economics, Business Economics, Accounting, Investments and Finance)
- BCom Informatics
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Information Technology
- BIT-Bachelors of Information Technology
- BIS-Bachelor of Information Science
- Business Science
- Science and Mathematics
- Commercial LLB
The main criteria for the selection of applications are financial need and academic potential.
Applications are open to:
- All young SA citizens with academic potential who are in need of financial assistance
- Pupils holding or working towards a matric exemption with a minimum of 60% in English and Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and a 50% pass rate in all other subjects
Successful candidates can access funding
Investec contributes a partial bursary of R75 000 per year towards study-related expenses. To cover any shortfall, applicants are thus advised to apply for additional funding through the Financial Aid Office of their university of choice for a study loan from the National Student Financial Scheme (NSFAS).
Why apply for an Investec bursary?
We have a vested interest in developing well rounded individuals and in ensuring graduates are employable. While a bursary provides financial assistance, our programmes help with the transition from high school to tertiary and with the challenges associated with the job search.
All Investec bursary recipients are mentored by Investec employees. Mentors provide academic guidance and social support to students as they navigate the challenges of their tertiary career.
Investec bursary students have the opportunity of attending a work readiness programme during their third or Honours year of study. This is a week-long boot camp at Investec Sandton to help students gain important skills to become employable graduates.