Old Mutual is the largest and most well-established financial services provider in Southern Africa. Our proud heritage and prominent position in the industry is reflected in our operational strength and performance (across all our business interests), our robust balance sheet, powerful finanical flexibility (with access to international capital markets ) and our diversity of business .
Well-trained, qualified accountants contribute significantly to the success of Old Mutual and South Africa. That’s why we offer bursaries to the best young financial minds, to people who are passionate about pursuing a career in Chartered Accounting and making a real difference!
Old Mutual Accountancy Bursaries cover:
- The full costs of tuition at University of Cape Town (UCT).
- Residence fees and one annual return flight home for students who are not studying in their hometown.
- Vacation work.
- The better the quality of your degree the more incentives you will be offered.
- Book and general allowance.
You need a matric with at least 70% or Level 6 for all subjects including Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and English.
You also need to commit to our CA Training Programme after which you will work for Old Mutual for a specified period of time. Please apply timeously for admission to the university.
Download the application form which must be completed in your own writing. You can also contact the Bursary co-ordinator at +27 (0)21 509 2656 for an application form.
- Read through the requirements carefully.
- Send certified copies of your identity document and your results, not originals.
- Application deadline is 15 July of every year.
- If your results are not available please submit your application form in the meantime and indicate that your results will follow as soon as they are available.
- Provide valid contact details.
- Sections H & I of the application form need to be completed by your school principal.
- Don’t forget to attach the required hand-written biography and essay to your application form.
- We will not accept application forms sent by fax or email.
- Only South African citizens can apply.
- Please note that this opportunity is intended for EE/AA candidates only (as per the definition of Black designated groups in the Employment Equity Act)