What is a NSFAS bursary?
A NSFAS bursary is the money you receive to cover the costs of your studies for certain qualifications at any public university or college in South Africa.
This money does not have to be repaid to NSFAS.
We administer various bursary funds, including:
- The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme to train teachers
- Bursaries for studying Social Work through the Department of Social Development
- Bursaries from the National Skills Fund for scarce skills
- Bursaries for the National Certificate (Vocational) and for certain Report 191 courses at TVET colleges
- The bursary programme of the Department of Higher Education and Training for students with disabilities.
Succes Story – Bursary programme