The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers has been around since 1931. Its role is to improve and maintain the quality, credibility and reputation of bookkeeping, accounting, office administration and financial management training and qualifications in Southern Africa.
Do you need financial help towards your ICB studies?
At ICB we know that sometimes some of the most keen and deserving learners find it difficult to pay for their studies. So we’re thrilled to announce that we are now making three bursaries available every year, worth R5,000 each. Every year we award bursaries to students that we think would put them to great use.
Who is eligible for an ICB Bursary?
- ONLY applicants who intend to study or who are already studying on an ICB programme or ICB qualification.
What are the minimum requirements for an applicant to be considered?
- A recognised school leaving certificate with a minimum of a Grade 10 pass.
- Applicants already at institutions must have a good academic and attendance record.
How are bursaries awarded?
- According to academic merit, financial need and any special circumstances of need.
- Final selections are made by an internal ICB bursary committee.
- Bursary funds are paid out directly to an ICB accredited institution or service provider.
- Successful bursary candidates will be notified by 31 May 2013.
Who is eligible for an ICB bursary?
Learners who are already studying an ICB programme or qualification, and have completed at least one subject.
What are the minimum requirements for an application?
- A recognised school leaving certificate, with a minimum pass of Grade 10.
- If you’re already at an institution, you must have a good academic and attendance record.
ICB graduates are recognised worldwide by the International Association of Bookkeepers, the Southern African Institute of Business Accountants, the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
Find a bursary today on bursaryguide.com